Saturday, August 14, 2010

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Success!

Hello, all! Welcome to my blog, which will be all about baking cupcakes, muffins, etc.

Today, I decided to try some banana chocolate chip muffins. Call them my Elvis special (minus the peanut butter). I was inspired by bananas that I bought last week. They began to get a littletoo ripe to eat, so I wanted to try to use them creatively.

Because it was spur of the moment, I didn't have most of the normal muffin ingredients. Instead of making them from scratch, I used a chocolate chip muffin mix.

I mashed up 1 cup of bananas (it took me 2 bananas to get to 1 cup). I added them to the muffin mix, along with 1/2 cup of milk. This made 12 regular sized muffins.

I put them in the oven, which was preheated to 350 degrees. They cooked for 20 minutes and came out perfectly! I have already eaten three of them. Too bad my roommate doesn't eat bananas OR chocolate. I guess that means more for me!


Photo by the lovely Sara Herring

Tomorrow, I am going to try to make key lime pie cupcakes! Stay tuned for how that recipe turns out.

1 comment: